Monday, January 26, 2015

Chemicals 1/26/15

After finally getting the results that I need from the darkroom I got to Target and purchased the "chemicals" that I wanted to use:
  • Bengay Ultra Strength
  • Povidone-Iodine solution
  • Coca-Cola
  • Pepto Bismol (original cherry)
  • Dawn Ultra Original Scent Dishwashing Liquid
  • Clorox Regular Concentrated Bleach
  • Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash
  • Febreze Air Effects Air Freshener (Mediterranean Lavender Scent)
  • Vicks NyQuil 
I have been thinking a lot about what my results might be with these chemicals and had a moment of panic when I realized that the inspiration for my ISP was slightly different from the process that I have been using. The artist, Matthew Cetta, who did the original photos was using color photography and I am using black and white. When Cetta poured chemicals on his photos the colors bled and changed. The difference between my process and his is the difference in color photo paper and black and white photo paper. 

For my first attempt I am going to try and apply the chemicals to the images during the toning process which comes after the fixing process. I am hypothesizing that the image will change and morph in composition as opposed to coloration, but until I perform the actual experiment it's still a mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment